MercyOne now accepting nominations to recognize Heroes Among Us
Everyday Iowans become heroes when they go above and beyond to aid a friend, family member, complete stranger or an entire community.
It’s time to shine the spotlight on these selfless people for their acts of heroism, bravery and generosity!
Nominate citizens in your community for Heroes Among Us – an event held each year to honor
individuals who have gone above and beyond. Heroes can be from anywhere in northeast Iowa, with the heroic act occurring any time between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019.
Nomination categories include:
• Community Service (individual or group)
• Good Samaritan Adult (21+)
• Good Samaritan Youth (20 and younger)
• Medical/Health Care (physicians, nurses, EMTs, paramedics or caregivers)
• Military (individual or group)
• Environmental (nature and animal efforts)
• Public Safety (firefighter, law enforcement, security)
• Work Place (heroic act in a workplace).
Submit nominations online by visiting www.MercyOne.org/heroes, or pick up nomination forms at the MercyOne Foundation offices located at Waterloo Medical Center and Cedar Falls Medical Center.
Nominations are due by Friday, January 10, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. The Heroes Among Us nomination
committee will select winners to be recognized at a breakfast ceremony on Thursday, March 26, 2020.
For questions, contact Diane Jorgensen by calling 319-272-7676, or emailing email@example.com.
Heroes Among Us is a fundraising program that benefits the MercyOne Foundations. Since the program began, more than $380,000 has been raised to benefit emergency services at Cedar Falls Medical Center and Waterloo Medical Center.