- ICYMI: Saturday’s final High School State Track & Field meet update from Des Moines:
- Waterloo East standout sprinter Kerris Roberts won the 100 and 200 meter races at this weekend’s State Track & Field meet. CLICK HERE for Nick Petaros’ story from Sunday’s Courier.
- Dike-New Hartford’s boys track & field team won its first Track & Field State Championship in school history. Nick Petaros of the WCF Courier has the story. CLICK HERE to read.
- Iowa and Iowa State football’s Twitter accounts were suspended this weekend. Why? CLICK HERE to find out.
- Des Moines Register sports writer Chad Leistikow released Part-2 of his extended sit-down with Iowa men’s basketball coach Fran McCaffery. CLICK HERE to read.
- Brooks Koepka has now won four of golf’s last 8 major championships. CLICK HERE to learn how criticism from a long-time Golf Channel analyst helped fuel him this past weekend in the PGA Championship.
- The Cubs won 2 of 3 this weekend in D.C. against the Nationals, but game 1 of the series wasn’t without drama. CLICK HERE to read why Cubs manager Joe Maddon placed Friday night’s game under protest.
- The Cubs open a 3-game series at Wrigley Field tonight against the Phillies and an anticipated pitching match up between former Cub Jake Arrieta and his proverbial replacement Yu Darvish is set to take place tonight. CLICK HERE for the preview.
Get Maximum Sports on 1650 The Fan / 102.3FM / the 1650 The Fan app / 1650TheFan.com. Start your day with Mark Simpson on ‘Maximum Mornings’, weekday mornings 6-8, featuring sports, news and weather. Finish your workday with the latest local, regional and national sports talk with Cole Bair on ‘Cole & Company’, weekday afternoons 5-6.